Regardless of whether Hurricane Bill makes landfall in Nova Scotia or not. There’s a good chance it’s going to get close enough to give us some really strong winds.
Here are some suggestions to prepare your trailer before you leave on Sunday.
- If you have anything important in your trailer, take it with you.
- Make sure your awning is rolled up.
- Make sure that anything that can be blown away is secured to your deck or put inside.
- In case of a power outage, if there is anything in your fridge or freezer that you don’t want to lose, take it with you.
- If you are here during or shortly after the hurricane, make sure to boil the campground water for one minute before drinking or brushing your teeth.
If anyone has any additional tips they’d like to add, feel free to do so in the comments.
If you would like to share your camping during Juan stories, or any other hurricane, I’d like to read them too.